Skip to main content

Monday Madness

Spent the weekend in NYC with BFF and old camp friends reunited for dinner.
It was a fun, carefree 48 hours.

5 minutes after reuniting with my boys (who I missed!) reality set in.
I was back in my sweats and baseball hat heading grocery shopping, breaking up arguments between oldest and youngest and was yelling "stop whining" on the 4 hour car ride home. Nothing like my peaceful train ride solo into the city.

Speaking of train rides, I put myself in the "quiet car" unbeknown st to me but totally fine. It was nice to hear nothing but the turning of pages from a book. Until the woman next to me huffed and puffed when the non English speaking woman behind us got on her cell phone. Apparently she didnt know the "quiet car" also pertained to cell phones. She glared and sighed, wrestled her newspaper pages and finally got up to yell "no cell phones allowed"! Pleasant to sit next to; really!

Woman in front of me decided it may be a nice quiet time to paint her toenails.
Until conductor scolded her.
10 minutes later she figured she would reapply eye makeup instead while glancing emails between her iphone AND her blackberry.

Spent $2 on a diet Pepsi (really, no diet coke on Amtrak??)
read three magazines in peace
arrived to Penn Station 45 minutes later than scheduled
48 hours with girlfriends, eating, drinking, walking, talking...

PRICELESS

Comments