Skip to main content

August 7th

My oldest son is Eight



Although there are many days when I look at him and remember the road he has traveled down, it is always on August 7th, that I remember the early days.

The day he was born.
The day his twin brother died.
The day I thought he was going to die also because he was so sick.
The day I first held him in my arms (30 days after he was actually born)
The day he came home (turned blue, we called 911 and went back into the hospital)
The day he finally came home ...for good (180 days later)
19 months of age getting his trach out and hearing him cry for the first time ever

August 7th is an emotional day.
A day that I thank god for my oldest son
The day I marvel in his gorgeous eyes, kind disposition and intelligence.The day that I look at him and realize how many of his fathers qualities he has and how loving and sweet he is.

The day that I celebrate him

Happy Eighth Birthday!



Comments