Skip to main content

40's are the new 30's? Really?

Whoever said 40's are the new 30's haven't met me.
Although not sure my body was so great in my 30's at least I could see.
I didn't need glasses or to ask my children what something says on a package bc the darned letters are so small.
At least I didn't need to get breast MRI's yearly to make sure my overly "dense" boobs (correction. one boob) doesn't have breast cancer-again.
At least I could lose 5 lbs. Okay I didnt lose 5lbs but I couldve lost 5 lbs WAY easier than I can now.
At least I could walk, bend (sorta) lift and reach without pain and being arthritic in more than one joint (back, shoulder and knee. Really? I'm 45 and I have arthritis? This worries me for life at 55 or even 65!)
Oh, and pain in my feet. All the time. Something about fascitis and flat feet. 
Gray hairs, marks on my skin, hotflashes, bags under my eyes..MAKE IT STOP! 

Yes, health has gone drastically downhill in my 40's (okay, drastically may be an over exaggeration but it's a lot downhill)
and it sucks
yea, yea, yea, I'm happy, love my husband, have great kids, healthy happy yada yada
but it would be nice not to say "oy" everytime I get up from the couch and it would be nice not to have to wear my glasses more than 50% of my day and it would be nice not to have a freakin breast MRI once a year!
40's brought me Breast Cancer.
Technically DCIS which some will debate isn't actually Breast Cancer.
I, however, had to cut off a breast because of it so call it what you want-don't give me the survivor title or a pink ribbon if you want but I call it Breast Cancer.
I dont get anxious about cancer returning actually (that's a lie) but I do get anxious about the MRI. The IV never goes in on the first try (something about having crappy veins), with the fore mentioned shoulder arthritis the lying for 40 minutes with both arms extended OVER my head with boobs smashed in between two holes is a tad anxiety provoking. I do well until about 25 minutes in then I start to get a panic attack. Sure they give you the little ball to squeeze if something's wrong but Im not about to squeeze the ball. After all, that would only mean the MRI would not be completed and that would just mean, most likely, a return visit and another failed attempt at IV and ...well..who wants to go there?

So whoever out there is telling us that 40's are the new 30's?
You've never met my body!

Comments