Skip to main content

Come sail away

Another early release Wednesday? Am pretty sure we have more short days than long
And for gods sake it's vacation week...AGAIN?!
As I scramble for something to do with the kids I think why on earth did I plan a trip that is NOT during school vacation week? What was I thinking?
Well, I know I was thinking that it was probably $2000 more to fly during April break and am pretty sure I thought a cruise would be insane then but still...a week off of school and then another week off later? Clearly was not thinking clearly!

Regardless, a cruise is in our future so that's the bright side.
I admit I have threatened the kids that they NEED to sign up for kids camp on board and that if youngest thinks he is eating chicken nuggets for 8 days straight he is mistaken but I do realize..say what you want about my kids (Well you may not say much as  you dont know them as I do. No, they're good kids, really they are. Sometimes fresh and rude..and whiny..but..)  they DO rise to the occasion on vacations. It's like something makes them these behaved, enjoyable, happy boys. I guess thats why its called a vacation.
Its a break from reality for us all.

So although Im dreading another school vacation I am looking forward to our real vacation.
Sail away!

Comments