Skip to main content

Let's stop to give a little thanks

I have visions of my Dad standing in the kitchen carving the turkey.
Each year we named it (I know; a bit weird in retrospect)
Larry Bird was our funniest one by far.
Sometimes tweety or big bird (you following?)

I miss my Dad all the time but particularly on Thanksgiving which, has always been, my favorite holiday.
My mom's stuffing is my favorite and who doesn't love to nibble on the canned onion rings used for the green bean casserole?
But I love the day because it brings family together.
And sometimes I get sappy and think there's so much to be grateful for.

So my annual Thanksgiving thanks list goes as follows:

I'm thankful for health (goes without saying)
I'm thankful that Parenthood is still on TV and for the DVR that allows me to record it each week because I can never make it up past 10pm
I'm thankful for someone telling me last week that they were in shock that I'm 45 yet; feeling really old now that I'm working with two 25 year olds.
I'm thankful for working (yet still adjusting to this and stressing about school vacations and needing days off for kids stuff already!)
My dog
My cleaning lady (because let's face it, who likes scrubbing a shower?)
Chocolate (always thankful for chocolate)
My northface winter jacket (bc Winters SUCK in Boston)
My beautiful boys and my ever amazing husband

Happy Thanksgiving, 2013


Comments