Skip to main content

My TWO picky eaters.

ENOUGH of the articles about picky eaters.
If I listened to all that I read my picky eater would be an obese child with ADHD, depression, OCD and have neurotic parents. Okay, the neurotic parent(s) part may be true but really people?

Kids have been picky eaters for decades. We have all survived.
And enough blaming the mother who makes two different meals.
NEWSFLASH: My mother made two different meals.
I'm a healthy grown adult who eats veggies and has a (relatively) well balanced diet.
Picky eating leads to food allergies? I ate three things for lunch as a kid. Maybe four. I have no allergies.
ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!

Let's stop the blame.
Stop the craziness.
Stop the meal battles.
Your kids will be fine. How do I know this? Because I am fine. And my friends are fine. And believe me, we were not the first picky eaters to grow up in the 70's.
I ate PB and Fluff every day for lunch. I don't even really like peanut butter now.
McDonalds was a staple. I shutter at the thought of it for lunch now.
Chocolate...okay, let's leave out the chocolate.

So you have a kid who eats sushi and artichokes? Awesome! That must be a so nice for you when you go out to a restaurant.
And you are not cooking two meals? I do envy you.

But come a little closer...hear me out...
your kid is no better than mine.
He is not smarter or more athletic or less compulsive or more outgoing. You just have one less problem than I have. And that is great.
But let's stop writing articles about all the poor eaters in the world and how they are doomed for life.
Don't we have other things to be neurotic about as parents?

Comments

  1. Yes yes yes! Mother of a picky child here. I had an extremely picky sister. She survived just fine on Life cereal and pretzels. My child will survive too. Personally I am pleased to make 2 meals for my family: it shows that I love them regardless of their eating habits. It demonstrates that I take the time to nourish her, even if is not what everyone else is eating. And I will not shame her for it, so I'd prefer other adults to not shame me. This is our choice. (And I save ~$1000 a year by NOT eating out.)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment