Skip to main content

Dad luck

 DH bought a scratch ticket the other day. 

The purchase coincidentally fell on the anniversary of my Father’s death. 


I said maybe my Dad will bring us good luck and I scratched away.


We won $10 I screamed, excitedly. 

I mean, we never win anything. 


Dad was watching over me.


Three days later, we go to cash it in. 


“Your eyesight is terrible”, my loving husband tells me.


What? We didn’t win? It said “win $10”.

I was sure of it.


No; he says.

It said “win $100”! 


Love you Dad! 

Miss you every day.

Comments

  1. So fun!! I, too, seem to never win anything. I entered a basketball thingy -- half the money goes to the organization at church that I'm part of. In the end, I spent $100 - presumably, $50 of that immediately goes to the charity. I won $45 and was THRILLED... even though if I had only donated the $50 I would have been ahead. But how FUN to win!! Definitely worth it!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment