Skip to main content

Brighter days ahead?

I feel extremely guilty for thinking this yet alone writing it down but..I'm bored at home with my kids. There. I said it. It's out there for the world to know. Being a stay at home Mom is NOT easy.
Pre-children I dreamed of being a SAHM (that's stay at home Mom for those not following along) I thought my days would be spent oohing and aahing over my beautiful children, strolls through the neighborhood, mommy and me classes, play dates, etc..Sure, they do consist of all that along with MANY other joys like tantrums, fights, potty training, trips to therapies, trying to get my tube fed child to eat, non-napping days, and yes...more trips to therapies. I often get tired of reading the same books, doing the same puzzles, singing the same songs. Am I a terrible Mother? I tried for so long to have my children and went through hell and back to get here..and here I am, counting the days until school starts and I will have a whole 2 hrs to myself 4 mornings a week!
I'm sure the grass is always greener. I have friends that work and miss their children terribly and guilt overcomes them that they aren't spending more time with them. Ideally I would like to work part time. Maybe 2-3 mornings/week just to get my brain moving again..thinking like an adult..acting like an adult..and peeing by myself!
To dream....the impossible dream!

Comments