Skip to main content

Mother of the year

It's Monday morning. We spent the wkend in NYC, had a 4+ hr drive home with a cranky 3 year old and Dear Husband is traveling for two days which he NEVER does. I'm a little thrown off this morning.
I had a PTO meeting and it ended at 1140AM. I came home figuring I had another 40 minutes till I picked up the boys from camp. I checked email, threw another load of laundry in, made the boys lunch.

12:10, I decided I would leave to get.....

SHIT!! 12:10!! Yes, camp ended 10 minutes ago. I for some reason had in my head 1230. Thankfully I'm a 2 minute drive away and got there to see my two boys being wheeled around in the wagon by their amazing teachers. I apologized countless of times. Youngest seemed a little perturbed that I was late and oldest did give me the cold shoulder for a second or two. Otherwise, all is forgiven.
Forgetting what time your kids get out of camp...I know, mother of the year!

Comments