Skip to main content

Old friends

Being a grown up and meeting new friends is a lot easier than when in High School.
But then again, it often feels like High School.

Friendships have already been formed in your town so as a newcomer to the scene, its often difficult to squeeze your way in.
If you're child's part of a group or sport, you can bond with the fellow moms.
If you're involved in the school PTO, you meet others that way.
Or you may just meet a friend during drop off at school.

When your kids are young, you usually meet friends, ...through your children.

Sometimes its great.
Sometimes its not.

But there's nothing like an old friend.
A friend who's known you through braces and breakups
Through the awkward teen years and through your single days.
The friend who knew you before you had kids.

Last weekend I spent a night with old friends.
We laughed, we hung out as couples but we remained tight through the years because we were childhood friends.

There's a comfort
There's a familiarity
There's a security.

So although I have met some amazing and dear wonderful new friends
Today's post is to my old friends

Who I know will be with me.....till I'm old!

Comments