Skip to main content

Youngest child causing me agina

I really cant complain (yet; I will)
The boys had 8 weeks of summer camp
8 weeks of being out of the house from 9-4
Someone else was entertaining them, teaching them to swim, keeping them busy.
It was; without a doubt, heaven.

They have now been out of camp for 2 days.
2 days and already I have pullen my hair out, swore at them (okay not a real swear word but g-d damned comes close enough), have lost my cool on more than one occasion, broken up 15 arguments, and listened to my 7 year old whine, scream, tantrum, cry, throw and be defiant.


SEVEN YEARS OLD!
At three I said that he had nothing on the terrible two's.
At four I swore it was  phase-he was transitioning out of naps after all
At five when he still refused to poop on a toilet I said he was just strong willed. It will serve him well in adult hood.
He then became six and I thought for sure he was just picking up this attitude at school. After all, this couldnt be ongoing, could it?

Alas, here he is, seven years old and Im still using words like disrespectful and fresh. I am still trying to control his tantrums, teach him not to cry when he gets impatient, stop him from throwing things when angry and am urging him to try something, and for gods sake, learn to entertain yourself.

It is 2pm on the second day from being out of camp and I am listening to youngest cry and scream up in the playroom because I wont help him clean up the 500 piece lego set that he dumped out. "Well its a lot easier to dump out than put away. I cant do this myself. It is tooooooooo haaaarrrrrddddd!"

I have threatened and punished. I am getting an ulcer from parenting this child.
The kicker....he's a smooth talker.
He knows how to kiss some butt.
After he cleaned up he comes downstairs like nothing just happened.

"Sorry Mommy, wanna snuggle?"


Comments