Skip to main content

Who are these kids that keep calling me Mommy?

There are two boys living with me.
Ages 8 and 10
I'm not sure how they got here.

See, the 10 year old (who I'm pretty sure just yesterday was in the NICU fighting to breathe), the kid who had years and years (and years) of therapy is now down to just Speech and Language therapy. And I say JUST emphatically.
He is obsessed with sports (not really playing but following. OBSESSED)
He is a huge  Yankee fan
Has a fantasy football team
Knows how to throw a pretty good spiral
Enjoys Math
Likes eating salmon


The 8 year old
Creative as heck and funny (okay this he totally gets from me! :-)
Artsy
Dramatic
Also likes Math
Cannot get enough of his dog
Loves thrill rides (when just last year he was terrified of them)
Hasn't met a carb or a sweet he doesn't like (okay, again, gets this from me)

but seriously...who are they and when did they get to be like this?
When did they become so independent and smart and know how to shower by themselves?
Just yesterday they were little boys who I was rocking to sleep
Who I was doing the hokey pokey with and reading Hop on Pop to.
Just yesterday I was crying as I dropped them off to their first day of preschool- then Kindergarten and now..
3rd and 4th grade- holy crap do you know what's around the corner?
Middle School
Bar Mitzvah's
Overnight camp
Girls and dating and teenage acne

SLOW IT DOWN
And- feel free to keep calling me Mommy
I don't want that to ever stop

Comments