Skip to main content

Stay the course

So it's been two days of crying while watching TV.

Today's crying was during the show that if you are not watching you must binge immediately-
A MILLION LITTLE THINGS.

I am hooked.
It's the show for me that you wish wouldn't end at 60 minutes.

I wont tell you what happened in case you aren't caught up yet but part of the show discusses breast cancer.
Clearly a subject close to my heart.
A subject that I've thought more than normal about the last few weeks because  tis the season.

Tis the season of the diagnoses.
Tis the season where I became scared shitless.

And there are so many stories of cancer.
People who we know.
People who have made it to the other side.
People who are still sick.
People who are going to be taken from us far too soon.

And cancer just plain sucks.
And it is scary as shit.

Yesterday's crying was during the eulogies of George H.W. Bush.
I sat listening to Jon Meacham; completely mesmerized.

 He is a wonderful speaker but the words that caught me were how he described 41's "life code"

“Tell the truth. Don’t blame people. Be strong. Do your best. Try hard. Forgive. Stay the course.”

So I guess what I'm saying today is :
cancer
no cancer
NED (*no evidence of disease)

whatever it is

stay the course



Comments