Skip to main content

Things I learn on vacation

 Things I’m observing on my tropical vacation:


Palm trees and the ocean make everything better.

So do fruity drinks on a beach.

Teenaged girls are in way better physical shape than I was at their age. 
And they walk around holding out their phones in front of them doing constant selfies.
And they speak in a language that’s hard to understand  using words like “OBVI”.

I love watching the littles play in the sand. Until they throw the sand at their sister and then get a time out. And then I smile and am grateful my littles are now bigs who are walking around the resort without needing time outs (that I’m aware of).

School vacation week makes beautiful islands really crowded. 

I did a roller coaster like water slide for the sake of my kids. And survived to write about it. 
So what if the guy at the top told me it wasn’t scary at all. I was BRAVE! 

People are walking the beach holding coconuts telling me they’ll  “spike it like you like it” and I decided we should all incorporate drinks in coconuts.

Lastly I wish for us all to experience vacations through the eyes of the 4 year old who grabbed the hands of her grandparents at the entrance to the water park and gleefully yelled “Nana. Papa. This is the entrance to all things wonderful”.

Sure is kid. OBVI! 







Comments