Skip to main content

First day

Oldest went off to Kindergarten today like a pro. Backpack, smiling..unlike his mother who was crying all the way home.
I know most parents are probably sentimental when their child goes off to school for the first time but I have an extra reason to be, don't I?
This is my son who 5 years ago spent life on a ventilator, struggling to breathe day in and day out. This is my son who has overcome so many obstacles, I remain in awe each day. My son who is shy, endearing, handsome, often sneaky, loves to tease his little brother, impatient and quite stubborn. My son who is afraid of characters walking around an amusement park yet is brave enough to go on a roller coaster over and over again..ALONE.
Here he goes, my baby, all grown up at the age of five!

Comments