Skip to main content

Stop the bull

Last week a student at Rutgers University killed himself after his friends showed a video of him that was humiliating to him and outing him as being gay.
This is only one of the dozen suicides in the recent months.

Kids are being bullied
Everywhere

I have to admit that of a parent of an extremely shy, developmentally delayed child, I am terrified of what this world has become.

Kids..
KIDS
Kids as young as 6 and 7 are bullying others.
Over what they eat
What they wear
How they talk

Kids are afraid to go on the bus
afraid to walk to school
afraid to dress differently

There were bullies when I was growing up.
I was teased by two, so called, friends who would gang up on me and make me feel horrible.
I found my own niche of friends and it got better but to this day, I remember how it felt.

Scary
Lonely
Sad

I am heartsick over this bullying.
I am positively terrified it will happen to one of, if not both of, my sons.
As a mother, I can only do one thing.

Educate
Remind them over and over and over again to be nice to others.
Set by example.

And if there is someone bullying you...
take them by the horns

Stop the bull

Comments