Skip to main content

Day before Thanksgiving..

5 loads of laundry
4 trips to the supermarket
2 attempts at making frosting for cupcakes

And..

one burnt oven (thanks to my brilliant self for leaving the "oven liner" in while self cleaning. After one hour of self cleaning and almost calling 911 due to inhaling noxious fumes I realized nothing was wrong with the oven only my stupidity. Result= burnt oven liner and coating of oven melted.)

Call Mother to share story and of course she is afraid I will poison all of our 16 guests and makes me call the oven company.

This after I googled "burnt oven liner while self cleaning" and learned I'm not the only moron to do this. Google assures me I wont die and can continue cooking with my now melted looking oven.

I humor Mom and call Kenmore.
"Name please"
"Address please. And phone number"
"Could you have purchased this oven under another phone number?"

Well, yes I did because I bought this house a year and a half ago and the oven was included. Kenmore man takes down my current information to assure me I will never have to go through this again.
After 15 minutes of going through my personals he asks me to explain the problem to him, AGAIN.
I realize I'll have better luck with Google although he also assures me I will be fine.
I'm sure the guy has no idea what he is talking about but I've continued to bake 18 red velvet cupcakes, a blueberry pie and a green bean casserole so far and am pretty sure I can continue on with my two turkeys tomorrow afternoon.

If you dont hear from me after tomorrow, let this story be known.

And sue the Kenmore guy for me!

Comments