Skip to main content

Thanks

Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday.
I live for my Mom's stuffing and I happen to love my family so it's always been a good time of year for me.
I took over "hosting" duties last year as it was getting to be a lot of work for my Mom.
This year will be a difficult one as I wont have my Dad here.
I picture him standing over the turkey, year after year, basting and carving. He used to name the birds before cooking. His favorite, Larry (as in Larry Bird for those of you who cant catch on quick enough to my Dad's humor)
There will be one less person at the table this year and although 2010 was beyond crappy, I still have a lot to be thankful for.

First and foremost, the obvious..my boys. All three (husband gets included) They are my happiness. Day in, Day out. In spite of any former posts of me wanting to walk out and leave them all on strangers doorsteps!

I'm thankful for chocolate (another obvious) and the occasional glass of wine that always makes me wonder why I dont drink more often.

I'm thankful for my health (I've learned things could be way worse)

I'm thankful for my iphone (how did we survive before this?), email (so I dont actually have to ever call anyone) and TV (so I can put the boys on the couch when I need an overdue time out!)

I'm thankful for my amazing friends, my family, and for the support I'm given constantly.

Dont forget to say thanks this year .....it makes people happy to know they are appreciated!

Comments