Skip to main content

Goodbye 2010..and good riddance

I, for one, am happy 2010 is leaving us.
It has been a crappy 365 days.

Well, maybe not all of the 365 days were crappy but a good portion of them

I keep thinking it cant keep getting worse but I'm a bit afraid to say it out loud.

Although 2010 brought me some really rough days

it also gave me some highs.

My BIL got married (and I gained a great SIL)
My two boys entered Elementary School (freeing up some of my tension filled days)
My 5 months of post-op Physical Therapy are over with
We managed in a couple of vacations (although lets remember that one of them was filled with constant rain so that may have to go with the crappy part)
I was reminded, through some very trying times, that I have the most amazing and supportive friends.

And who said I was a glass half empty kind of person?

I can see the good (sometimes)
I try to see the humor (unless my 5 year old is throwing his 100th tantrum of the day and then I only aim to see the bottom of a wine glass)
I try to look on the bright side (things can always be worse. The grass isn't always greener. Unless you drive around the really rich part of my hometown and then the grass really is always greener. Personal landscapers really are a godsend)


Resolutions?


Let's stick with my stand by of lose 10lbs. That's been on the list since 1983; I cant stop now.

Stick to my guns (Yell less. Punish more)

Play more board games with my kids (I admit. I love a good game of Battleship but, please, no more 2 hour Monopoly marathons)

Appreciate my days even if they are long and hellish. Life is short and precious. I've learned this the hard way


Auld Lang Syne and all my friends!

Comments