Skip to main content

Mothering

I think I'm the only neurotic mother who makes her children wear helmets while sledding.
Decided I dont care if I'm the only neurotic mother.
At least my boys wont be a statistic.


If mothering wasn't so strenuous at times I'm sure I would be able to shut my mouth for longer than 5 minutes and actually lose the 10lbs I've wanted to lose for the past 5+ years


Also wonder if I'm the only mother who cant stick to her guns.
I'm raising a very willful and assertive child (for those who know my children well enough, there's no need to ask which child I'm referring to) I discipline. Quite often. But there are times (many times) where I dont follow through enough. I know this is wrong. I know this is teaching youngest (okay, you figured out which child) that he can get away with things because Mommy doesn't always mean what she says but it's hard. It's hard being a Mom. I punish one the other gets the brunt. Do I really seriously care if he has another pretzel or drinks another glass of Orange Juice? Sure I said no but really? Is this important?

Apparently so because youngest has my number
The kid runs the household

Comments