Skip to main content

How sweet it is...

My husband and I watched "Life as we know it" the other night. A kinda cute romantic comedy with Josh Duhamel and Kathryn Heigel. I laughed out loud at all the baby scenes.

I'm allowed to laugh because it no longer makes me cry.


Those sleepless nights

The packing of the pack n play, activity mats, bottles, formula and teething toys just to go overnight to my in laws.

The making up of songs just to get my kid to eat a bite of peas.

It was my most favorite age; (its true. 6 mos-2 yrs.) I love the time of innocence (not talking back), exploring (not destroying), hugs and snuggles (not "you're embarrassing when you kiss me at school!" )

But, I wouldn't go back if you paid me.
Ok, maybe if it was a lot of money.
But it would have to be a lot.


I miss them being young but I love them being older.
My overnight trips no longer consist of 100 different items.
I sleep through the night (well I really dont but that has absolutely nothing to do with my children)
I dont need to care that the horn on the bus goes beep beep beep
No more diaper genies in my house
No more baby proofing all the rooms
They now buckle themselves into the car!

I'm going to become an Aunt (again) this Winter and I cannot wait to go through the baby stage all over again....as an aunt!! The glory of all the love yet get to give the baby back when it cries, poops, screams, tantrums and doesn't sleep!

Yup,
wouldn't go back there if you paid me.

But you brighten up for me all of my days
With a love so sweet in so many ways
I want to stop and thank you baby

How sweet it is to be loved by you!

Comments