Skip to main content

Falalalala

When will this holiday season end? Ive been baking for two weeks and have decided to throw my dreams of opening up a nut free bakery out the window.

Grandparents sent the boys Hanukkah money so naturally they had to go to the toy store THAT MINUTE to pick out something. Youngest decides he wants a microphone (so he can perform more shows than he already does. So he can speak louder and more often) Oldest wanted a DS game until he saw youngest with the microphone and couldnt decide between the two. Dear Husband tries to pursuade oldest to get the DS game (because truly its what he wanted) but he was hemming and hawing that youngest probably wouldnt share the microphone with him (good call) Ends up with the microphone
We go home and neither works.
Youngest tantrums and starts to hyperventilate (ok, not really but he might as well have the way he carried on)
Back to the toy store we went
Did I mention it's the Saturday before Christmas?
Did I mention that the first time we were there it took us 15 minutes to find a parking space?
I promised we would go back so we did.
Sat in traffic on Rt 1 heading to Toys R Us and listened to youngest complain about the traffic.
I kept calm
I even kept calm when it took me, once again, 15 minutes to find a parking space.
I kept calm when the guy in front of me in the return line was asking my opinion about DS vs some v-tech game I never heard of all the while youngest was asking me why he couldnt chew bubble gum.
Ditched the return line (because in front of annoying guy was a woman who looked as if she was returning her entire baby registry)
and headed back to the electronics section
This time oldest bought his intended DS game and youngest cried once he realized the Phineas and Ferb instrument he wanted was really just a drum set that didnt interest him in the least.
He decided this as were next in line to pay.
He then tantrums and cries in the middle of the store because there was "noting to buy"
In all of Toys R Us, there was not one toy he wanted.
In my calmest of motherly voices I told him that if there was nothing he found that he didnt need to buy a toy now.
I suggested that on another day (when it wasnt 7 days before Christmas) that we could look in other toy stores to find other toys that he may want to buy.
I kept calm when he complained that oldest was getting two things and that it wasnt fair that he couldnt find anything.
But when he cried and cried throughout the entire way up to the front of the store; I lost my cool.
I didnt care that annoying man in return line was now ahead of me in the buying line glaring at me.
I didnt care that we just passed the parent of one of his classmates.
I didnt care as it was 7 days before Christmas at 430 at night and I had just about had it with crowds and crying children.
And so we left
With a Phineas and Ferb watch for youngest and the promise of returning to another store, another day.
And the whole car ride home, I heard crying from the back seat.
And in the front seat, the radio played Mariah blared "all I want for Christmas is you"
and I couldnt help but replace the "you" with a nice glass of Pinot.

Falalalala

Comments