Skip to main content

Winter Doldrums

It's real.
Winter is upon us.
I know this because my kid was able to create a snowman in our backyard.

And I had to use two towels to dry off my dog

I hate snow and cold so it's really amazing that I'm spending my Winter vacation in the mountains.

I'm pretty sure I could eat pizza and ice cream 5 times a week.

I still have nightmares about not studying for tests in highschool or missing exams, or getting lost in the school. Umm, anxiety about my school years? Still? Really?

I have nightmares about my kids getting kidnapped and then I wake up in a cold sweat and make sure they're in their rooms sleeping.
Then I crawl into bed and get up to check again.
Yes, I'm that crazy.

I never wanted a dog now I cant imagine not having my dog.
Even though I cant stand her licking me. I dont get how people love having their faces licked by their dogs.

I could watch Law and Order pretty much all day long and yet am still amazed when I find an episode I've never seen before.

I love to read yet dont read nearly enough anymore.
Instead I waste time playing scrabble on line or reading annoying posts from people on facebooks about their chicken dinners.

I'm sitting on my couch under a blanket with sweats, sweatshirt and wool socks on. I'm freezing. Dear husband is next to me in shorts and a t-shirt. What's wrong with this picture?

Winter SUCKS


Comments