Skip to main content

Smell a rose

So now that I'm 50 I "oy" a lot more.

Getting out of the car : OY
Out of bed in the morning: OY
Up the stairs...

you get the gist.

Ive been feeling short of breath lately so my Dr recommended getting some breathing tests done to rule out (or rule in) asthma

or am I just completely out of shape?

Good news!
Bring on asthma.

But we both know I'm not really of the hook with the out of shape thing
It took 50 years but the music played and the bubble appeared above my head and I went A-HA.

Time to get off my ass.

Shout out also to a friend who inspired me by blogging about her place that she found to get her off her ass.

It was my time to stop thinking and planning and wishing and time to do.

She told me to take a first step.

Seems so simple doesn't it.

It's harder than it seems.
And not only for exercising

for everything

for everything we put off doing
or want to do but find excuses not to
or dont do because its easier not to do

I speak a good talk after cancer
About being zen
smelling roses

and I said how I do try to follow my own advice but remind myself Im only human when, for example, like hypothetically I may have,  (yesterday) not have been able to get into my zen place and, hypothetically, may have lost my cool at my teenager.

But when it comes to following through
I often suck.

I will no longer suck.

One step

Someone reminded me the other day

"Everyone needs a day one"

Make this your day one.

Smell a rose.



Comments