Skip to main content

Changing my ending

"You cant go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending"
C.S. Lewis

If only I knew in highschool (insert college, before marriage, before kids, when I was 20) what I know now..

But I didn't.
And am guessing you didn't either.
And unless there's some kind of time travel thing I don't know about, it is virtually impossible to go back in time (unless you are Michael J. Fox)

I am trying my darndest to live in the moment.
It's the new post cancer me.

Be present.
No more woulda coulda shoulda's.
Enjoy the time you are in.
Bask.
Breathe.
And of course-
 duh-
 buy the shoes and eat the chocolate.

It's not that I regret who I was.
I was who I am- just with some clouded judgement and a bit more insecurities.

But after all,  I grew up in an era where we thought parachute pants and leg warmers was a good look so the insecurities kind of come with the territory.

I'm trying real hard not to look back (because lord knows my road as of late hasn't been a fun one)

I want to feel happier about me
I want to be less judgmental about me
I want to be more accepting of me

so working on a bucket list....


write a book

go to bora bora and stay in one of those cool hut thingies on the water

buy a house on the ocean

be a contestant on wheel of fortune

go to the superbowl

parasail

learn to take really good pictures

cruise to the Greek Islands

be a consistent size 6

meet George Clooney

go on an African Safari with my family

ride a gondola in Italy

learn how to use chopsticks

be part of a mob flash

get into a decent exercise routine

indoor skydive

renew my marriage vows

downward dog without wanting to pass out


what are some of yours?









Comments