Skip to main content

It's 5 o'clock somewhere

I was lucky enough to escape for a few days with DH.
No kids.
I know. Totally lucky.

We went to Key West and really did nothing for 3 days.
Except for the trip down from hell (note: never ever fly Silver Airways), it was all heavenly.

(My trip down on Silver is a blog in iteself. Let's just say we made a lot of friends bonding over our 4 hour delay and I'm pretty sure Gene Simmons twin brother was on our plane)

Things I learned while away:

I will never be a size 4 in a bikini. Some days I'm okay with this and other days I cry about how fat my arms look in a picture outside Captain Tony's bar.

Seaweed smells.

There are some killer sunsets out there that we don't get to witness in Boston.

Frozen towels handed to you by a pool in 90 degree weather is pure heaven.
Literally frozen.
Genius.

I really don't love key lime.

Airport bathrooms need to change their stalls so that doors open outwards. Carrying luggage into a bathroom with doors that open towards the toilet is nearly impossible to maneuver.

Walking down a street and hearing Jimmy Buffett blare out of multiple bars is just the epitomy of happy hour.

Roosters really do cockledoodledoo.

Teenage boys don't miss their parents.

I could EASILY retire tomorrow.






Comments