Skip to main content

Can I get a collective "OY'?

OMG!
The insomnia.
MAKE. IT. STOP

I'm wired at night and not sleeping.
I'm not a great sleeper to begin with but at least I used to actually FALL asleep.

Meditation apps.
Relaxation apps.
Warm baths.
Melatonin.
Benadryl.
ZZZquil.
Magnesium Citrate.

DONE. IT. ALL

I'm getting quite cranky and have learned first hand how important sleep really is for your well being.

My TMJ is out in full force.
Headaches. Check.
Losing my mind. Check.

I know I am not alone in this.

Now that summer is closing in on us and we've been playing by the rules for a few months, we are reaching our breaking point.

Let me rephrase.
REACHED the breaking point.

I met a friend for a SD (social distance) lunch this afternoon.
It was the most normal I've felt in months.
It was refreshing and invigorating and it just reiterated the fact that we need social interaction.
We need face to face communications.
We need hugs.

My once extroverted, party til 2AM self turned into prefer a couch on a Saturday night even realizes that there is a middle ground and we need to find it.

People are relaxing their rules a bit.
States are semi opening.
We are all dipping our toes into the water...

and then Fauci (who in my opinion, may as well be God) basically says, yea, don't get too comfortable peeps, this isn't going away just yet.

Will our kids be in school again in the near future?
What will classrooms and school sports and after school clubs look like?
When will we see people's smiles again that are hiding behind masks?

No one knows.
NO. ONE. KNOWS!

Can I get a collective "OY?"

(And, please, if you have any miraculous insomnia ideas that I haven't tried yet- let me know. )

I cannot wait to see you all on the other side.

Stay safe.
Stay sane.




Comments