Skip to main content

Kinda

 It’s time.

Summer is coming to an end.
Target is filled with school supplies (and Halloween candy- which is totally premature )
Kids are off to college (kinda)
Kids are getting ready for school (kinda) 

And that sums up 2020 so far.
Kinda.
School, work, date nights, meeting friends for lunch- 
All in a “kinda” way.

Virtual school
Zoom work meetings 
Social distancing lunch 
Masks in outdoor restaurants until you sit down.

What we thought would be short lived has turned into anything but.
Our kids are trying to adapt to a whole new way of school while parents figure out how to simultaneously attend a 9AM managerial meeting while helping their elementary age student with their diarama (am I dating myself? Do kids still make diarama’s out of Stride Rite shoe boxes?)

Point being- none of us know what the hell we are doing. 
There has been no book written and no guidelines to follow.

But somehow- we got from March to August. 
And I have no doubt we will make it to December 
And beyond.

Because we are resilient.
And our kids are resilient.

Sure first day of school pictures are looking different this year .
College drop offs are filled with a whole different kind of emotion.
Or maybe your students aren’t even leaving the house this semester.

Big breath.

We are cautious, and smart, and inventive.
(Well, I’m really not but others are).
And people have spent many days and hours trying their best to educate our kids in this crazy covid world.

And they aren’t happy either.

But if I’ve learned anything in my past-
My big take away is that you can not control things you can’t control. 

I would’ve loved a magic 8 ball to tell me I would get thru chemo and treatment one day and I would come out on the other side with a fresh perspective and itchy scars. 

I would’ve loved someone to hold my hand and say this is all just a blip on your life.

But no one could because no one knew.
No one knows.

So let’s consider this one freakin giant blip.
And let’s hope we come out on the other side with an amazing, fresh, healthier new perspective .
And let’s hope we are more decent and kinder.

And if we aren’t 
Well, just remember there’s always frosting that should be eaten first.

Comments