Skip to main content

I think I see a light

Hey
I met a friend for lunch yesterday.
Outside.
In the sun.
Surrounded by (socially distanced surrounded by) others enjoying the same.
Elderly woman was waiting a bit.
Masked.
Enjoying warmth.
When another elderly woman showed up with a bouquet of flowers.
They embraced.
And then oohed and ahhhed over the flowers.
And then they caught up like long lost friends.
I couldn’t help but watch the whole interaction.
Another table had nanny (presumably)(because she said let’s take a selfie for mommy. But could be aunt. Or BFF. Or partner. But whoever it was...) two year old boy donned in superhero gear and Nana.
“Look nana. We chooses a table with a big brella. It’s blue “
“Look nana at my big bagel”
“Look nana at my blue shirt . It’s like the blue brella and blue sky”
This went on and on with Nana delighted by each observation, chiming in with nana-isms of love.
I couldn’t help but watch the whole interaction.
A birthday gathering happened.
A solo lunch by a woman and her laptop.
Two teenaged girls.
I couldn’t help but watch the interactions.
Because it was heartwarming.
And so endearing.
And so amazingly freakin’ normal.
The light is coming
Hang on a bit longer ....

Comments