Skip to main content

Have we learned nothing??

“80 students potentially exposed to COVID after a parent sent their sick (infected ) kid to school”.
I want to scream.
People- have we learned nothing?!
I know we’ve had it.
We are exhausted - we want our kids in school.
But just asking- at what cost are you willing to get there?
And do you have no regard for others?
Thankfully this district had required masks in school so we shall see how many actually get sick but for the love of god parents- do the right thing here!
I get that many people are not happy with the mandated masks.
But I leave you with this…
My mom died from Covid in April,2020.
A month after it was officially called a pandemic.
I stood alongside my husband at her funeral (just us; due to COVID regulations at the time) and read this as part of her eulogy …
“TO date, we have 24,000 deaths due to COVID….”
If I was reading today I would say
“16 months later we are at over 600,000”
Is it not time to start believing this is real and the only thing that is going to cure this are vaccines and mask wearing?
If you are not comfortable with getting the vax right now , I (kinda) understand your hesitancy but please mask up then!
And don’t go out when you have COVID!
And please let’s try to lower these numbers because it’s scaring the hell out of me
and am guessing you too
And I hate blogging about this stuff and would much rather be complaining about my fascination with My Unorthodox Life on Netflix.

Comments