Skip to main content

Memories

 You know how when you look at your Facebook page, memories appear? 


Well it happens on my blog page too. 

And it’s crazy to re-read about so many different times in my life. 


Today’s memories were about a fight almost breaking out at a Billy Joel Concert and about driving to my father in law’s funeral.  (Clearly not the same years) 


As I was thinking  about what I wanted to write about today, I’m thinking about how one day; it will come up as a memory. 


And that’s kind of life, isn’t it?

Giant memories.


What stresses me out today (restless leg which I cannot seem to rid no matter what remedies I try) 


What angsts and joys I have all in the same breath (my kids are going to be juniors and seniors in high school tomorrow. Big massive years for both)


And what makes me want to cry as I write…(that my medically fragile oldest child, who spent years and years of his life in and out of therapies and DR appointments, is now driving a car and applying to colleges and doing his own laundry and knows how to clap…because at the age of 2 he didn’t do this is what stressed me out 16 years ago)


This will not what tomorrow will be like. (Well maybe the restless leg)


Remember your darkest days will have light again  and sometimes your endless  laughter may turn into inconsolable tears. 


Today I’m going to try to live in the present, 

because some day


today will be a memory too.

Comments