Skip to main content

Happy New Year

Jewish people get two New Years. The one on January 1 and the one that falls sometime around now in the Jewish calendar.
I consider myself lucky because it gives me two times a year to start over.
Two times to make resolutions about losing 20 lbs, worry less, have more patience with the teenagers, be zen.
But it also reminds me that I fail miserably at resolutions so here are my few tips to all of you.
Just live. Seriously. Sounds so simple but we all know it’s not. Wake up each morning and do what you need to do, but then also take a time during the day (or week or month ) and just be thankful you’re here. So much crap and tragedy in the world we need to be more grateful. We bitch easily but we don’t thank enough.
So thank you. For reading and being here. For following me and commenting. It takes a village and I so appreciate you.
Next- I say this one a lot. Clean house.
Not literally (unless you’re in need of a good vacuum and basement clean out) but get rid of people in your life who bring you down. It’s liberating. You don’t need to be with people who make you feel shitty or less about yourself. Competitive parenting sucks. There’s nothing better than hanging with a few friends and you leave laughing and feeling full- your heart I mean. We aren’t 13. We don’t need 50 best friends. We need a few good ones. Ones that lift us not bring us down.
CLEAN HOUSE and get back to me next year on how much better you feel.
Lastly, as I also say a lot. Love fiercely.
We’ve all seen it. One day we are driving to Target and the next day to chemo. Or a tragedy hits a family you know in town and life isn’t as they know it any longer.
Bad stuff happens. Unfortunately every single day and we can’t predict it and we can’t sit around waiting for it to happen.
Love fiercely.
You are blessed to have family and friends so tell them. Today.
Appreciate more, complain less. (I’m working on this. I excel at complaining)
To my Jewish friends- and to my non Jewish friends :
May be an image of one or more people and text that says 'To TO THOSE MAY HAVE I ASK FOR YOUR FORGIVENESS. WRONGED, FOR THOSE MAY HAVE HELPED, I WISH I COULD HAVE DONE MORE. FOR THE MANY NEGLECTED TO HELP IAM TRULY SORRY. TO THOSE WHO HELPED ME, IAM DEEPLY GRATEFUL.'

Comments