Skip to main content

The single days

Do I miss my single days? Not for a minute. The agony of is he going to call? Did he like me? Do I really need to go on ANOTHER blind date? My brother in law is single (honestly, I cant understand why. He is such a great guy but that's neither here nor there) I admit, I live vicariously through him when he starts dating someone. I love hearing about what they have planned, the anticipation of the next date and the potential that she could be THE ONE. I don't miss my single days but I do sometimes miss the freedom of life before children. The days where Dear Husband and I could go to the movies anytime we wanted and not need to line up a babysitter. The days where, spur of the moment, we could plan for a weekend getaway or dinner at a nice restaurant. I miss my Sunday afternoon naps and watching Lifetime movies while Derek watched football downstairs.
Would I trade this life for that? Not in a heartbeat. I went through hell and back to have my two boys but boy....those care free days were nice while they lasted!
Enjoy them brother in law.....you may not realize it now but you'll miss them at some point.

Comments