Skip to main content

It's not Thursday

I've been struggling on getting my almost 4 yr old to "go" in the potty. He has been toilet trained for over a year in the pee department but absoloutely is terrified to do anything else. He knows...oh does he know. He tells me to put him in a pull up and goes. In the bathroom, pants on.
He goes before nap. I've bribed him with everything I can think of but nothing works. An hour later he isnt napping.He calls me. "Mommy.I need to poop" Again? I ask. "Yes" He replies. "And remember the rules? I go in a pull up with my pants on and buttoned and you dont come in"
Yes, honey, I remember the rules (Thinking to myself that clearly my 3 1/2 yr old is running the show here) So I ask him when he thinks he may start going on the potty. "Maybe Thursday" He says. "But Mommy. On Thursday I may have to go poop or... I may not. We'll see"

my son..future politician

Comments