Skip to main content

Take a moment

I wish I had more patience.
Younger son this morning wants to put stickers all over a box he created at Home Depot. Go ahead I say..whatever entertains him for 10 minutes while I try to get dressed is fine with me. He comments to me after every sticker he puts on telling me he only needs one more. Fine, I reply, this time with a bit more aggravation.
Why am I aggravated? He is having fun and just wants to share this moment with me. Instead I'm wishing him to be quiet so I have 2 extra minutes to brush my teeth and check my email.
Teeth and email can wait..this moment will not. My almost 4 year old little boy just wants his Mommy's attention and it saddens me that I didn't give it to him. In 10 years he will clearly not be asking for my every moment so I should be relishing in it, right?
Here he comes again..Mommy, I'm not putting stickers over here, see, I take it off and put it right here? See how I'm doing it Mommy? Are you watching me Mommy? I may waste them all is that okay Mommy?
Yes honey...it is. I stop to watch...and I'm glad I took the moment as he says "I love you Mommy".
nothing better...

Comments