Skip to main content

Summer so far

One week post-op from shoulder surgery and have to tell you, I'm not having fun. The R+R joy wares off really quickly. I cant sleep, find the sling annoying to wear and being doped up on pain meds only caused me nausea and vomiting.

What I thought was scar tissue turned out to be just that with a large amount of bursitis and a full rotator cuff tear. I at least feel justified why I had shoulder pain for so long.

Rehab/PT is 8-12wks. Did I mention I'm only on week one and sleeping sucks?

I also found out I moved to the wild. Last March, I moved a mile from our old house, same town, yet am surrounded by wild life. In our yard we have: A fox, a groundhog (I kid you not, a groundhog. Okay maybe it's a beaver but we think groundhog) Rabbits. Huge black birds that look like crows, and 101 chipmunks. In the Winter months we also have Deer and Wild Turkey.

I'm tired of Law and Order repeats and Regis, who I once adored, now annoys me. The guy needs to retire.

Boys are in summer camp but only till Noon. Does that even count as summer camp?

Poor Dear Husband is once again spending his summer taking care of his wife, children, and the house. He comes home from work to make them dinner (because I cannot use two hands and you'd be surprised how much you actually need both hands/arms for) He has been getting them up each morning while I sleep in because did I mention? Not sleeping?
He doesn't complain yet I feel guilt ridden and a small pity party on myself that I, too, am once again incapacitated for a summer.

I still blame the breast cancer.
Scar tissue is what started this all.
Just when you think you're moving on..you cant.

Comments