Skip to main content

My Time Has Come

After 7 years the big day has finally arrived.

TWO CHILDREN IN ELEMENTARY SCHOOL

Freedom consisting of longer than 2.5 hours

Time to shower, walk, shop, run to the cleaners AND fit in a quiet lunch.

LIFE IS GOOD!

I paid my dues. Two kids; two years apart- my early days were busy. Add to that a child with multiple therapies and carting the newborn around I'm surprised I managed to not turn gray sooner (Oh wait. I did turn gray sooner. Thanks to a great hair dresser you may have not noticed)

That said, I sent my two off to school this morning with a small amount of tears (me; not them) and then smiled as I drove off. Youngest has "shortened" hours for 2 weeks to get him adjusted to Kindergarten (which in my book is ridiculous. Two weeks? Really?) But after that, I will have six+ glorious hours to myself.

It will be heavenly.
For a while.

But then at 245 I will then cram in any type of homework,soccer, speech thearpy, feeding therapy and occupational therapy. God help me if someone wants a playdate.

But, my time finally has arrived.

And it feels pretty damned good

Comments