Skip to main content

Do I miss my carefree days?

Someone, a while ago ,questioned why I chose not to go to a get together.
Was I ok?
I am okay, thank you.
Does my not going out mean I am not okay?

I was always ESFJ
It's who I was.
(You know- Myers Briggs Personality Test.)
No matter how many times I took them.
There I was
ESFJ

Extrovert
Sensing
Feeling
Judgment

I am confident I am still the SFJ (And lord knows  I am judgmental as much as I preach that I shouldn't be. )
And I will talk to anyone who passes me by
But now days- give me my oversized sweats and a couch and I'm a happy camper.

So does that mean I am more introverted now that I'm older?
Because I'm choosing couch over party?
Family over friends?
And does that make me an introvert?
And is being an introvert a negative?

I think our values change as we age.
(And thank goodness because there was a time I thought it was imperative my social life start at 10pm. IMAGINE? I am lucky if I am still in a bra past 6PM!)

The said get together was at a time when I was post cancer.
I became somewhat of a hermit during cancer and I did not want to jump back into the social game.
I did not find anything wrong that I was choosing my house over a social gathering and I still would.

I have friends.
I have friends I love being with.
And I find time for said friends.
But I also have learned what is not only important to me but what is enjoyable to me.

I am not a bitch (although; repeating- I can be super judgey)
and I do like people (mostly) (sarcasm) (kinda)
but I also have learned that at 51, I am not a partier.
And I am not as social as I used to be.
And I'm totally okay with that.

So I wonder if I'm now an ISFJ.
And if I am, this is okay.

But I will not apologize for LOVING my younger days starting out at 10PM.
Those were the best care free days...





Comments