Skip to main content

Thankful

I have a 3 month trial of SIRIUS XM and totally rocked out today to Da do ron ron.
I am old AF.
I do not know a single song on Pop2k but know every lyric to the songs on the 70's and 80's station.

I haven't a clue how to work snapchat, google docs or how to post an insta-story but I am a great typist due to my expertise in ASDF;LKJ (thanks to typing class being a requirement in 1985) and am proud of myself for just figuring out my blue tooth.

I prefer a real book over a kindle
have never committed to watching an entire series on Netflix
haven't the faintest idea how to work Apple TV
and had to ask youngest what it meant to be a VSCO girl.

I think I am in denial we are almost in the year 2020.
I remember trying to figure out how old I would be when Y2K happened and couldn't imagine being the old age of 32.
What would the world be like in the 2000's?

Here we are
where our president of our country is a moron
where the Duggars are still appearing in my newsfeed
where the Kardashians make a living off of doing nothing
where kids are spending more time posting selfies than they are actually conversing with others

the list goes on

Thanksgiving is approaching which is bittersweet for me.
It was always my favorite holiday because our house was always filled with family, the house smelled of my Mom's famous stuffing and I can picture my Dad in a blue cable knit sweater standing over the turkey.

My dad has passed away and although I do continue to make my Mom's famous stuffing, our table is smaller due to cousins marrying  and spending holidays elsewhere.

It is no one's fault.
Just the turning of time.

So as I ask Alexa to play me some holiday music
I decide it's time for this negative nellie to think of what I am thankful for as we end this decade..

That my mom is still around (at the young age of 90) to enjoy her stuffing for another year
oldest is finally out of braces (after 4 1/2 years)
youngest outgrew his desire to ONLY wear dri fit
Jimmy Kimmel continues his run of "kids I ate your Halloween candy" videos
Candy Crush having unlimited levels
that my dog's cancer seems contained
that I'm on year two of NED
and that you are all supporting my venture of becoming a famous writer some day.

Wishing you all who celebrate a happy thanksgiving.

What are you thankful for?










Comments