Skip to main content

Covid continues

My mom died from covid on April 13.
I spoke at her funeral “as of today, there are close to 24k deaths”.

In less than 4 months, we are now at 141k deaths.

Is this still a hoax?
Are we still taking away your freedom by asking you to wear a mask?

Yes. My mom was elderly. Doesn’t mean she deserved to die - and certainly not alone.

Sure- many have had underlying conditions. Oh- so that’s ok that they died because they weren’t completely healthy?

The “healthy” younger adults that are passing away “MUST have undisclosed conditions “.

WRONG .

This clearly isn’t going away right now.

What we thought was maybe a couple of weeks of inconvenience is obviously turning into an unforeseeable future .

I imagine; like you, are so tired of talking about covid and social distancing and idiots not wearing masks and young adults throwing covid parties.

I imagine; like you, want  your life back.
But here’s the thing.

That’s not happening.

It’s like life didn’t return to normal after 9/11.
Security rules changed.
The way we traveled changed.
We didn’t go back to normal.


And with Covid- life is going to change again.
The old normal will not be the new normal.

And none of us really know what that’s going to look like.
And the better statement is, none of us really know when that is going to be.

So we need to adjust .
We need to figure out ways to keep on trucking instead of saying “when the hell is this going to end.“ (which is what I say at least 3(hundred) times a day).

I’m really bad at this.
I’m a planner.
I organize.
The unknown and I do not mesh well.

But what I learned from cancer is we just don’t know what tomorrow brings us.
And now we kind of are all learning that aren’t we?

So one step in front of the other
Sanitize
Mask up
Enjoy the end of summer
Eat your ice cream in a waffle cone (and spring for the jimmies)
Dive into the pool
Crank up the music
Eat the lobster roll (more than once)

And buckle up

I think we are in for a bumpy ride.

Comments

  1. Thanks for this. I am doing FINE...at least, I should be doing fine. I have everything I need and I know not everyone has that. But, my goodness, this is horrible. I'm so worried all the time. And I'm angry at friends who keep going out and doing things. It feels like being in school again and doing group work --- the Type A person does ALL the work, while the others have fun. But at least then we still got an A. I don't think we are getting an A in this situation. UGH..

    But I am trying to remember to get the sprinkles! This morning I am signed up for a 2 hour art class I've never done before. I am terrible at art. Terrible! But, really, no one else cares. And for 2 hours I'll be thinking about Cezanne and not Covid 19.
    Hope you have a good day!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment