Skip to main content

Mammogram time

My mammogram was supposed to be 2 months ago.
But covid happened and unless you were feeling something suspicious, you were put on hold.

Do I think I have cancer again?
I do not.
Did I think I had cancer the first time?
I did not.
Did I think I had cancer the second time ?
I did (kinda) not.

Do I still freak out every 6 months?

I’m 52 with more surgeries under my belt than I care to admit and two bouts of cancer and I’m a type A class worrier .
Yes.
I worry every 6 months
(Or more)

I was going to put off mammogram til after summer but was afraid I’d jinx myself so here we were.

Mammograms,  as you women know, are not lengthy but they are uncomfortable.
Mammograms while wearing a mask?
Let’s just say when they say “don’t breathe” , that holding your breath in a mask, while your breast is smushed into the machine, chin tilted to the left, feet facing the right - it all makes you want to pass out. And I may have just about....
But didn’t.

The bad news is my old mammo place used to allow me the option of having my scan read immediately. New place doesn’t give  me the option.

The good  news is apparently during covid, the radiologist has some extra time on his hands and was able to read it while I waited.

The bad news he took a little too long for my liking.

The good news is I’m fine.

Did I think I was fine?
Yes I did.
Will I still worry 6 months from now at my next scan even though I think I’ll be fine.

Yes.
Yes I will.

Welcome to the madness of a cancer girl.

Stay well my friends.

Mask up.
Wash up.
Do self breast exams.
Get your mammograms.
And always eat the frosting first!

Comments