Skip to main content

Here comes 2021

 Goodbye 2020.

I feel pretty confident in saying no one will really miss you. 

I know I wont.

I lost my dog and my Mom in 2020.

I lost my patience, sanity, ability to see 20 feet in front of me without glasses, freedom to hug my friends and my right to take 3 hours in Target if I want.

Our kids lost out on senior years, freshman years, sports, theatre, band, lunch in cafeterias and the ability to walk around aimlessly during free periods. 

And no one could get off the phone by saying "I gotta go" because where the hell were we going?

Yes. I'm pretty confident no one will be longing for 2020 in years to come.

OR WILL WE?

Will we be missing out on the having all the time in the world to watch movies with our kids and catch up with people on the phone (or zoom)? 

I mean, our basements, attics, playrooms and pantry closets have never looked cleaner. We have baked, cooked, crafted, knitted, walked, meditated and have made Peloton a household name. 

We have had more wine, more chocolate, more banana breads and homemade cookies than our bodies can handle. We no longer button our pants because we no longer wear pants with buttons. Ties and button down shirts have been replaced with "Fancy t-shirts" and heels are collecting dust in our closets.  We have not bought new wardrobes other than leisure ware and my comphy cozy socks now have holes in them. 

My dog has never been alone longer than an hour.

Come to think of it, either have my kids or husband. 

Or me. 

Unless I'm hiding in the bathtub. 

So 2020 has definitely sucked but if we look hard enough, we will find silver linings. 

After all, the mustard from 2018 is finally out of the fridge.

Mask up. Be kind. This isn't forever. 

Cannot wait to hug you in 2021. 

Or 2022?



Comments

  1. "My dog has never been alone longer than an hour"....hilarious, but true.
    I have hated so much about 2020, but you are right that there are some things we have learned. I had such a hard time adjusting to 'retirement' (well. I got laid off at 64 years old and no amount of letters behind my name helped me get a new job). But now I realize that I'm allowed to do watercolor to my heart's content, that I can 'waste' money on art classes, that I can watch tv (okay...only for an hour a day, and I HAVE to be productive in some way in the morning.....Type A still is part of my personality! )

    Sending good thoughts for a better 2021 where we can CHOOSE to stay home but have other options available.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment