Skip to main content

The food shopping struggle is real in 2020

Sat in the produce section for 5 minutes trying to open a plastic bag to put the broccoli in.
Woman came up next to me, grabbed a plastic bag and just as I was about to crack a joke about how impossible it is to open these things- her apples are in the bag and she’s already moved on to onions.
Embarrassed that I couldn’t open the bag, I figured it must be said bag; so I grabbed another.
And guess what?
It wasn’t said bag.
It was my inability to open the bag.
And this I blame on covid- obviously !
Because pre covid- I would lick my finger and put it on the bag to help open it.
But I’m in a mask.
And I’m not about to put my hands in my mouth before washing them (which when I think about it- it’s gross that I did this pre- covid but whatever. I survived )
So I take out my trusty spray hand sanitizer (thanks Trader Joe’s) and spray my hands and
Voila!
My hands are sticky enough to open the bag!
Take that onion apple lady.

Comments