Skip to main content

Laughter

 I was getting ready for bed.

Took my meds (cancer meds, vitamin d because my levels are low and magnesium citrate because I have massive restless leg issues these days) 


(Restless leg is totally real by the way)


Brushed my teeth 

Put in my retainers (because at almost 53 I spent a year in Invisalign and now I’m wearing retainers like my two teenagers)


I can’t see how to fix the floss that fell off the spool so need to grab my glasses. 


I get into bed and fix the weighted blanket (which helps with my restless legs).

I reshape my body pillow (which I’ve used since I was pregnant with oldest )


(almost 18 years) 


and get situated. 


I kiss DH goodnight and after a few seconds started to get a hot flash and needed to kick off weighted blanket and roll over. 


The body pillow needs to move sides with me and the blanket is so damn heavy I’m wrestling to move it over,


I then break out in laughter.

I’m talking uncontrollable giggles. 


The whole scene is out of a Seinfeld episode and I cannot control the ridiculousness of what I look like and how old I feel.


And you know what? 


It felt great! 


Not the age thing- I’m turning 53 next month and I feel a little old (especially because I was so sure I was turning 52)


But the laughter....

The giggles

The laughter (I know I said it twice)


I miss laughing. 

Damn you 2020

And kinda 2021


I can’t wait to laugh through all of 2022! 

Bring it on

Comments