Skip to main content

A flying duck

I walked the beach yesterday.
On my way in, I sarcastically asked the parking attendant if he thought the sun was ever going to come out.
“I’m not familiar with that term. Sun? What is that “ ?
(I love a man who speaks fluent sarcasm)
The weather where I am this July, has been, to put it mildly; sucky.
Parents were bundled up in blankets and sweatpants.
Kids, however, didn’t give a flying duck.
(Autocorrect but I’ll keep it)
(since we are talking about kids)
Running around, laughing, digging in sand, making sandcastles, running from the water back to the sand, giggling.
I mean; even with the clouds you couldn’t help but smile.
Because kids are cute.
And funny.
They don’t care about the weather because they’re not on vacation to bask in the sun and get a glowing tan.
They’re not there to soak their toes in the sand and read a book -
and they’re probably happier because their parents aren’t lathering them with sunscreen every 30 minutes.
They’re just enjoying.
Living in the moment.
Carpe diem-ing.
So maybe we need to learn to be like the kids.
Let’s all make sandcastles out of sand.
And not give a flying duck.

Comments