Skip to main content

Getting out of dodge

 I’m getting out of dodge.

For a few days anyways.

It feels great.
And bizarre.

Heading to Charleston and, of course with the luck that follows me, forecast says rain for 3 days straight.

It’s our first time flying since April 2019.
I didn’t even know what traffic would be like heading in to the city. 

Are people actually in offices? 

Apparently the answer is yes.

Life has resumed- I just didn’t know it.
I’ve stuck to driving places and have not left the northeast. 
And certainly haven’t left my suburban life before the hour of 7am in quite sometime.

There are lots of people out! 

Airports have changed.

Everyone is masked (accept the guy who was ordering at Dunkins. I gave him the benefit of the doubt thinking maybe he took it down so they could hear him place his order.
Nope.
No mask around his neck.
Or chin.
Or in his hands.
Says hi to the pilots ordering.
They say nothing.
I certainly wasn’t about to get into it with him -altho I did search for security.
Like- how did he even get through security? He headed one way and I went another. We will never know what happens…)

Anyway. 
Masked.
Everyone. 
Yet we are now 18 months into a national pandemic and STILL people do not know that the mask goes over the freakin nose!

I blogged at the end of 2020 and said good riddance! Let’s put 2020 behind us . 
And then I said “although I fear 2021
won’t be much better”.

I’m PSYCHIC! 

Ok, yes, things have changed.
Many things for the better.
But my guess is neither you nor I thought our children would be in school masked for 8 hours a day. 

8 freakin hours. 

And you know what? 
They don’t (really) complain.

So dunkin man - mask up- because if my teenagers can do it- so can you.

By the way
What did we do at airports before phones existed? Not one person is conversing with another and no one is looking upwards.

Wish me luck.
I’m not the best traveler, I get motion sickness easily and I’m way too anxious worrying about the unknown.

I take that back- wish my husband luck! He’s got to listen to me! 

Stay well village peeps! 





Comments