Skip to main content

Do not hooray!

 Ok everyone

Listen up
This is what I’ve learned ..

We were young and naive back in 2019.
We were all like “bring on a new decade”! 
We were ready for the new roaring 20’s.

And then 2020 brought us a shit show and we said 
Ok- it’s over.
It can’t get any worse.
Good bye 2020 and good riddance.

Bring on 2021.

You know what?
I didn’t say that.
I didn’t want 2021.

Because I’m clairvoyant.
Or I don’t like to jinx myself.
Or because my other shoe is constantly dropping.

But join me, will you? 
Join me in the land of pessimism just for a little while because this optimism crap has gotten us nowhere.

Just hear me out.
Just until mid January (or July )no one say
“Bring on 2022”!

No one say things like “2022 has got to be better than 2021” 
or 
“it can’t get any worse”
because we all know that it can. 

So let’s just tip toe quietly.

Hold off on the horns and party hats.

Celebrate quietly if you must and give a middle finger to 2021 at midnight;
but do not say hooray to 2022.

It’s just too early to be hooraying anything.

Are you with me?
Repeat after me.

DO NOT HOORAY!!

Comments