Skip to main content

Holidays

 I have very few things that I’m addicted to.

I don’t smoke.
I barely drink.
Don’t do drugs.

Diet Coke, chocolate and Xmas hallmark channel movies are really my only vices.

So to say that Im now 3 weeks in having not touched a drop of Diet Coke, since the age of 15, is huge.

Did I say since the age of 15? 
That’s 38 years.

(I’ll wait while you pick your jaws off the floor.. doing the math realizing my age !)

My DR has been pushing me for years to get off of it and I’m on this new med for my migraines -which actually makes all carbonated drinks taste flat and gross (I know- crazy ass side effect. But- the reason why I’m not drinking Diet Coke currently. 
And yes, it’s not an easy habit to break after 38 years of daily - sometimes - twice- or thrice )

As Jews, we mostly spend our Christmas going to the  movies and eating Chinese food. 
We debated between eve and day for the Chinese and chose day (meaning night) and no movies this year because nothing sounds worse then sitting in a movie theatre with packed Jews during a pandemic. 

Although actually, the theaters are probably empty because Jews are mostly neurotic (I can say this because I am one) and it’s probably a clear bet that they would be empty so maybe movie theaters wouldn’t be so crazy ?) 

So happy Chinese food day to my fellow Jewish friends and a very Merry Christmas to those who celebrate. 

And to all- negative covid tests all around! 



Comments