Skip to main content

Treasure your beautiful life

 Days after I posted my 5 year “Im off my cancer meds” cancerversary post a friend told me she; is not so fortunate.


We met during our diagnoses and bonded over chemo fatigue and radiation burns; but ended up forming a friendship further than cancer.

She told me to “treasure your beautiful life”. 

I’ve been reminded of this so many times since having cancer.
I preach it daily.
I try to be zen (I fail. Quite often )
I  like to soak up the sun (literally and figuratively)

I try not to get consumed in the minutiae
I try to remind myself my kids will figure themselves out
Chips will fall into place 
(I kid myself a lot because I come from generations of worriers and it’s definitely something that is a hard thing to break free of)

But this
This hit home
And I’m taking it to heart.

It sounds all flowers and rainbows I know.
 I mean, we can’t go walking around every moment basking in what we have 

I’m not telling you to be sitting at the dentist and be all thankful for your root canal 

But please
Just stop

And pause sometimes

Slow your ass down (or in my case I need to speed it up more😉) 

Have a day of YES to your kids 

Or a day to say NO to everyone and do some self care 

Call your best friend

Snuggle with the dog

Let your kids play hooky from school and make a day of it 

And of course
Always love fiercely
And eat the frosting first.

Much love to my friend …






Comments