Skip to main content

Let go of my lego's

Oldest wanted a 1000 piece, police station, lego set for his birthday.
Was happy for him to have it.
Until I realized that it meant I would need to put together the 1000 piece lego set.

For three consecutive days and a total of approximately 9 hours, I have sat on a hard wooden floor with two young boys asking when I will be done.
Sure they helped
If by help you mean handing me a piece and putting it on and then trying to put on the second piece and having the structure fall.
Yes, then; they helped.

Sadly, every 20-30 minutes I would need to take a break.
Not a mental break; but a physical one.
I would need to stretch.
42 and I could barely pick myself up off the floor. Shoulder still recovering from surgery, two degenerative discs in my back and the sound of my right knee cracking.
42 going on 72.
Yet, project is complete and if I do say so, I deserve a huge pat on the back. I did well!

1000 piece lego set not only comes with the process of building but with the process of RE-BUILDING.
If you know my two boys, youngest is a bit-lets say-clumsy.
He breaks things; easily.
Not always on purpose.
But he touches everything and when a 5 year old touches we know that can often lead to destruction.
Which is the case with the 1000 piece lego set.
Every time the boys started to play with the police station something fell apart.
I've been called Mommy over 1000 times today.
Youngest also went to his room a total of four times today for time out.

Time out number four went something like this:
"If you don't let me play with that car (talking to oldest) then I will not play anymore"
(Oldest says something like "no, you cant")
Youngest tells oldest " I hate you" and then proceeds to hit me in the leg when I tell him he needs to go to his room.
"Mommy. You are being so rude. I've already been to my room three times today"

I am never buying legos again

Comments